sábado, 25 de febrero de 2017

Hi, Duck!! What is your most prized possession?



I am going to write about the greeting Duck and about what is my most prized possession although I have to choose among a lot of different things.

The expression duck is used in the English Midlands. This is a form of address to speak politely to someone. Pay attention to it if you hear it, but don’t be hurt as it is just a friendly thing to say. They usually use it when they talk with people with the same age as them or younger people. What’s more, in Glasgow, they use hen instead, but only when they talk to women. Another one is pet, which is used in the North East of England.

On the contrary, my most prized possession is a ring. It is special because it was given to me by my grandma. I think people have small possessions but they mean a huge amount of feelings for them.

All in all, I reckon that English has lovely ways to name people; in Spanish we have other greetings, but more informal.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario