martes, 28 de noviembre de 2017

What do you think about superstitions?


Imagen relacionada
For a start, I am going to write about what I think about superstition. Firstly, who has ever read about his horoscope in some gossip magazines or online? Honestly, I used to do it very week. Because I was born on 25th June, my zodiac sign is Cancer. I like reading it since it almost always describes exactly how I feel.

On the one hand, there are lots of superstitions. Among them, one is triskaidekaphobia. This phobia is the belief that number 13 is unlucky. Another one is the saying that if a black cat crosses your path, it is bad luck. Its origin was due to the belief in the middles ages that single women who were associated with cats were witches.


Imagen relacionada
On the other hand, not all the superstitions mean bad luck. One of them says that a horseshoe bring us good luck. As well, it keeps nightmares away. Another one is the saying that the bride has to have something old, new, borrowed and blue. The first represents continuity; the second represents hope and the future; the third symbolizes borrowed happiness while the last is supposed to bring purity, love and fidelity.



Resultado de imagen de superstitions
On the whole, I think that I am not the only one into horoscopes. But I know some people who are very sceptical, as my cousin. He always tells me that providing that he sees real facts, he will believe in some superstitions. How stubborn he is! He just believes in what he sees, he loves performing the scientific method in almost every aspect of his real life. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario